Whether it’s a re-engineering a Sliding Block 2-speed motor to achieve a 20% increase in horsepower without increasing the shaft height, designing a new overload relay, or developing a water cooled 400HP / 600 volt motor that will continuously operate within a confined, unventilated environment…no two projects are alike.
When it comes to custom engineering, Ward Leonard specializes in:
- Electrical, electromechanical, and mechanical solutions
- Cutting edge motor, control and VFD equipment
- Satisfying the Military’s toughest specs and certifications
- Unique and small-volume projects
- Advanced technologies that meet precision specifications and requirements
- Accessible, customer facing engineering teams
With hundreds of custom projects and patents accomplished, there’s nothing we can’t help you with. Contact us today to find out how we can make your vision a reality.
Cutting Edge Capabilities Drive High Efficiency Solutions
Our engineers utilize state-of-the-art design and numerical analysis software — mixed with a healthy dose of applied physics — to solve our customers’ complex needs. Capabilities and tools include:
- Proven electromagnetic design & motor development expertise
- Advanced design, development, manufacture & repair of mechanical rotating equipment
- Electromagnetic design with Ansys RMXpert & Finite Element Analysis modeling capabilities with Ansoft Maxwell 2D software
- Motor equivalent circuit modeling & analysis of external circuits
- Structural Finite Element Analysis modeling expertise using SolidWorks-Cosmos software
- Computational Fluid Dynamics analysis expertise in motor & controller thermal analysis utilizing CFDesign software
- Ansoft Designer®
You Might Also Be Interested In...
DoD Quick Reference Guide
Reimagining Motors For Subsurface Propulsion Systems - Case Study
Solutions for the T-AKE Heavy UNREP System - Case Study