The Ward Leonard WL29BC200
AC induction motor is the industry’s only 2000 horsepower motor designed to fit into a 1500 horsepower package, and has the same footprint as a GE752 for easy interchangeability. Versatile and flexible, the WL29BC200 is manufactured for high reliability and optimal use in onshore and offshore pump and drawworks applications.
Engineered to power rig sites that need to drill deeper and make longer horizontal runs, the form wound WL29BC200 delivers an impressive 33% more power density than similarly sized motors, is 14% smaller than traditional 2000HP motors, and 10% lighter.
The WL29BC200 is designed to withstand high shock and vibration conditions, as well as provide decades of continuous service. Utilizing Certified Class H insulation, it is suited for any climate or hostile operating environment.
- 6-pole stator with form wound windings
- Certified Class H insulation
- Extra tough pitch copper rotor bars
- 2-cycle global VPI
- Double shaft extension (tapered, splined or keyed)
- Designed for Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) operation
- Tested for 4 hours under water at 500V
- 4340 alloy shafts
- IP 44 motor enclosure
- Shaft seals & oil slingers on the drive & non-drive sides
- Six (6) 100Ω platinum RTDs; 2/phase embedded in stator
- ISO 9001:2008-certified
Need to optimize this motor to fit specific application requirements? No problem. Our only goal is to deliver a motor that will be the most efficient and effective solution for your needs. Just Contact Us today to speak with an engineer about your specs… or your “wish list.”