We Cut Lead Times, Not Corners.
In order to create high efficiency solutions for our customers, we know we have to do the same for ourselves. With continuous refining of all equipment and processes, our research, development, and manufacturing capabilities are second to none. And as both the military and private industry increasingly focus on lean processes, we are able to:
- Cut lead times dramatically
- Create a highly efficient supply chain staffed with experienced managers
- Build highly reliable supplier networks
- Upgrade our manufacturing facilities without impacting costs
We’re passionate about continuous improvement and take that spirit into all your programs and assignments.
Breadth and depth are critical to providing our customers with the solutions they need — sometimes at a moment’s notice. Ward Leonard’s facilities are outfitted to expertly manufacture and assemble all our motors and control systems.
We have developed and implemented state-of-the-art technologies advancing our commitment to safety, environmental awareness, lean manufacturing and Industry 4.0.
Key components of this new manufacturing cell include the following:
- DMG DMC125FDS Micro-Precision – Five Axis Mill-Turn Machining Center with Integrated Grinding
- Zeiss Accura 12/18/10 – Full Scanning CMM
- Schunk Vero-S – Zero-Point Clamping System
- Sandvik Capto – Modular Tooling System
- MasterCam 2020 – CAM Software
- CG Tech Vericut – Full Simulation Software
With these technologies, we are able to reduce lead time, insource the manufacture of key components, and manufacture the most precise parts for our DOD customers as well as be cost competitive with low cost countries in our commercial segment.
Our Extensive Capabilities & Machinery Include:
- 25 to 150 ton press capability, single & progressive dies, with coil feeder
- 50 ton Hydraulic assembly press, 72.0” length
- Amada CNC Turret Press
- Banding, taping & undercutting
- Blanking up to 32″ in diameter
- Brazing — torch & induction
- CMM inspection capability for all machined parts
- Cylindrical grinding
- Fabrication — coil & core plate
- Hard & soft coils
- Heat treat & stress relieve to 1500ºF
- Manufacture of motor cooling blowers, junction boxes, impellers, shafts, custom enclosures, bearing housings, couplings, specialty bolts, pins, & flanges
- Motor varnishing
- Notching machines
- Overhead crane capability up to 10 tons
- Performing shaft repairs, bearing journal repairs, & coupling repairs
- Programmable servo indexing machining of laminations
- Sealed insulation procedure per MIL-STD 2037 — NAVSEA approved
- Sheet metal fabrication & repair
- Surface grinding, milling, drilling, keyways, broaching, grit blast, degrease, & paint
- Vertical & horizontal NC machine centers
- Vertical turret lathe
- VPI system — multiple resin capable
- Welding to MIL-STD- 248, 278
- Standard varnish tanks
Manufacturing Expertise Key Services
Over a Century of Innovation
Since its beginning in 1892, Ward Leonard has evolved to provide comprehensive motor, generator, pump, drive, and control system solutions — including maintenance, repair, and overhaul services — to the military, oil &gas, and industrial processing industries.
Learn More >
For all projects – no matter how large or small – our engineering and manufacturing teams work closely with you from original specification to final deployment — and utilize existing production tooling and assembly fixtures to ensure compatibility.
Learn More >
Our engineering teams possess the expertise to solve our customers’ most complex application challenges. We specialize in working closely with customers to develop custom-tailored, integrated product and service solutions for some of the world’s most demanding heavy industry applications and environments.
Learn More >
Find brochures, videos, documents, and other useful information about our products and services. Contact our technical engineers who can answer questions and provide solutions to your specific application challenges.
Learn More >