Equipment testing is a key Ward Leonard competence, and we utilize a wide range of critical procedures for both manufacturing and maintenance and repair to ensure maximum performance, productivity and uptime.
All of our locations:
- Are outfitted with advanced technologies to ensure precision test environments & results
- Enable us to diagnose & document outcomes throughout a range of individual processes
Our Texas and Louisiana locations:
- Offer state-of-the-art dyno testing facilities
- Perform factory equivalent full load testing of generators & motors, both A/C & D/C
- Are equipped with powerful 2,500 horsepower regeneration drive systems
- Enable you to comply with ABS, DNV, UL & Lloyds inspections — & acquire industry required re-certifications through our repair & testing capabilities
In-shop and field service technicians are highly trained and certified in all critical areas of rotating electrical equipment testing. As an Authorized Service & Repair Center for many of the world’s most popular brands, we repair to the industry’s highest standards, with the goal of repairing to “as good as new” condition.
Load Testing Ensures Performance & Uptime
Motors and generators are costly investments, and Ward Leonard utilizes state-of-the-art load testing technologies to identify any issues before they happen and ensure your equipment is optimized for full productivity.
- Critical vibration, stator RTD, bearing BTD, amperage & voltage testing
- Efficiency profiles at multiple power & speed points
- Horizontal & vertical load testing
- Full load testing of generators up to 20 megawatts at 480 - 13,800VAC
- Full load testing of A/C motors up to 2,500HP, 240 - 13,800VAC
- Full load testing of D/C motors up to 3,000HP
- 2,500HP regeneration drive system at each facility
- Vertical derricks to load test pump, thruster, top drive & all other types of vertical motors
Critical Motor & Generator Testing Capabilities
Ward Leonard conducts a wide range of tests to ensure performance standards are met, including capturing diagnostics to measure against benchmarks, and uncover usage and electromechanical trends.
- Air gap
- Core loss
- AC & DC H-Ppot
- Insulation resistance
- Mechanical fit
- Motor circuit evaluation (MCE)
- NDE shaft
- Partial discharge
- Polarization index
- Power circuits
- Power quality
- Resistance imbalance
- Rotor influence
- Voltage drop
- Voltage regulator
Real-Time Web Viewing
No time to be on-site during testing? No problem: we have installed a unique four-camera live-feed system that enables you to view testing “anytime / anywhere” via a personalized web page.
Real time test results. From any device.