Ward Leonard manufactures custom, standard and high power density Oil and Gas drilling motors ranging from 400-7000HP, purpose-built for top drives, mud pumps, drawworks and rotary tables — for land and offshore applications.
Our drilling motors are engineered for reliability and performance, and are:
- Installed on over 600+ oil rigs worldwide
- Engineered to withstand decades of continuous duty
- Insulated with a certified Class H sealed system, with 2-cycle global VPI
- Tested for 4+ hours under water at 500V
- Available with a range of optional features
All motors come standard with Ward Leonard MotorCare™, the industry’s only lifecycle program that provides complete coverage for all your motor needs.
Standard Drilling Motors
Click an Image for Complete Motor Specifications
We Specialize In Custom Engineered Motors
Rarely do customers buy “off-the-shelf” motors for their drilling applications. Unlike other manufacturers, Ward Leonard provides an extensive range of custom solutions, including motors that:
- Are engineered to specific customer application requirements
- Are VFD (variable frequency drive) rated
- Are smaller and more powerful than standard drilling motors
- Can operate at different-than-rated torque, voltage and RPM levels
- Feature left or right side blower and / or junction box positions
- Can be approved by ABS, ATEX, CSA and other certification boards
- Require alternate end bells… and many other options
At Ward Leonard, our only goal is to deliver motors that will be the most efficient and effective solutions for your needs. Have an idea or complex challenge that requires creative thinking and innovative engineering? Contact us today, and we’ll help turn your vision into reality.