Equipment testing is a key Ward Leonard competence, and we utilize a range of critical procedures for both manufacturing and maintenance & repair to ensure maximum performance, productivity and uptime.
All of our locations:
- Are outfitted with advanced technologies to ensure precision test environments and results
- Enable us to diagnose and document outcomes throughout a range of individual processes
Our Texas and Louisiana locations:
- Offer state-of-the-art dyno testing facilities
- Perform factory equivalent full load testing of generators & motors, both A/C & D/C
- Are equipped with powerful 2,500 horsepower regeneration drive systems
- Enable you to comply with ABS, DNV, UL & Lloyds inspections — & acquire industry required re-certifications through our repair & testing capabilities
In-shop and field service technicians are highly trained and certified in all critical areas of rotating electrical equipment testing. As an Authorized Service & Repair Center for many of the world’s most popular brands, we repair to the industry’s highest standards, with the goal of achieving “as good as new” condition.
Critical Motor & Generator Testing Capabilities
Ward Leonard conducts a wide range of tests to ensure performance standards are met, including capturing diagnostics to measure against benchmarks, and uncover usage and electromechanical trends.
- Air gap
- Core loss
- AC & DC H-Ppot
- Insulation resistance
- Mechanical fit
- Motor circuit evaluation (MCE)
- NDE shaft
- Partial discharge
- Polarization index
- Power circuits
- Power quality
- Resistance imbalance
- Rotor influence
- Voltage drop
- Voltage regulator
Real-Time Web Viewing
No time to be on-site during testing? No problem: we have installed a unique four-camera live-feed system that enables you to view testing “anytime / anywhere” via a personalized web page.